"But food is not just a conversational common denominator like the weather is in Britain. The subject, sometimes passionately debated, represents a personal philosophy of life." --Kinta Beevor

Friday, September 10, 2010

Don't Re-Invent The Wheel


   

      I have found it surprisingly easy to convert many of my favorite recipes to fit the low fat, low sodium, low glycemic index food plan.  However, if you find yourself stuck for vegan recipe ideas, don't feel you have to re-invent the wheel. Check out vegan recipes available in cookbooks or online. Many vegan recipes are not low fat, low sodium, and low glycemic index so make adjustments as needed.
   I make my own version of vegan sushi. I roll brown basmati rice, black beans, carrot, avocado, and cucumber in dried sea weed sheets called nori.

No comments:

Post a Comment