When my husband saw the lasagna my daughter and I made he said, "Wow, that looks good. We can eat that?" Then he proceeded to eat multiple helpings of this guilt-free lasagna.
- Build the lasagna in layers. Start each layer with lasagna noodles then top with sauce, tofu filling, and Tofu Crumbles.
- The sauce is made with no-salt-added diced tomatoes, low sodium tomato puree, tomato paste, chopped onion, chopped roasted red peppers, Italian seasoning, hot sauce, chopped basil,and parsley. Sometimes I add mushrooms, green pepper, or spinach.
- I use TVP, or Tofu crumbles--which can be found in the refrigerated natural food section of the grocery store.
- Lasagna filling: Mash tofu with a fork, then add chopped parsley, basil, garlic, and nutritional yeast.
- Bake the lasagna for about 50 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
Top photo: spinach lasagna
Bottom photo: mushroom lasagna