"But food is not just a conversational common denominator like the weather is in Britain. The subject, sometimes passionately debated, represents a personal philosophy of life." --Kinta Beevor

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Clean Fuel


    My sister-in-law says eating vegan is such a clean way to fuel your body.  She is an awesome cook and the best baker I know.  When she gave me this recipe I knew it would be delicious.  I tried it today.  Her recipe called for zucchini to be cut in half lengthwise, hollowed out, then filled and baked.  Since I had some yellow squash from a friend's garden I used it too. This flavorful  hearty dish is easy to prepare.  The filling is made up of zucchini, red bell pepper, onion, garlic, basil, tomato, and chick peas. I baked them at 350 degrees until tender--about 35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment