"But food is not just a conversational common denominator like the weather is in Britain. The subject, sometimes passionately debated, represents a personal philosophy of life." --Kinta Beevor

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Picnic Favorites

 
   One way I mix it up at mealtime is to go outside and picnic. A grassy park or sandy beach can be fun, but I need not venture much further than my front door to enjoy the outdoors. Sitting out on a deck,  porch, or yard can be a welcome change to meals eaten inside at the table or in front of the TV.  Here I prepared a quick pasta salad by mixing bow tie pasta with no salt added canned diced tomatoes, tofu, chopped fennel, red and yellow peppers, fresh dill, and balsamic vinegar. I served mine on a bed of romaine lettuce leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment