"But food is not just a conversational common denominator like the weather is in Britain. The subject, sometimes passionately debated, represents a personal philosophy of life." --Kinta Beevor

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Grilled Peppers and Onions with TSP over Brown Basmati Rice

 
   My daughter gave me the tip to grill vegetables on the George Forman. In this dish I cut red and yellow peppers into wide flat pieces and grilled them along with Vidalia onions. This method browns and adds rich flavor without having to add any oils in the cooking process.  
  I added pre-soaked TSP, texturized soy protein, to the grilled vegetables.  TSP comes in small dried chunks which I soak before adding to the recipe. I can soak it in water since the re-hydrated chunks  marry with the flavors of the other ingredients. In this case, I soaked mine in water left when I steamed some baby portabello mushrooms. 
   I'm not looking for a meat substitute per se, but I do like to add protein and different textures to the veggies on my plate. If you would like to incorporate soy into your diet, TSP adds variety and  protein to vegan creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment