"But food is not just a conversational common denominator like the weather is in Britain. The subject, sometimes passionately debated, represents a personal philosophy of life." --Kinta Beevor

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Nosh In Season


   
   In life, and vegan eating, some things are worth waiting for. Choosing foods in season is a cost-effective way to boost flavor and satisfaction at my vegan table. Lately, I have been savoring the smell and sweetness of berries bursting with true strawberry flavor. 
   In the past, unable to always sample before buying, I've purchased berries out-of-season because they looked enticing on the outside. More often than not I've been disappointed by tasteless berries.
   I'm always on the lookout to take advantage of the changing variety in nature's seasonal bounty.

No comments:

Post a Comment