"But food is not just a conversational common denominator like the weather is in Britain. The subject, sometimes passionately debated, represents a personal philosophy of life." --Kinta Beevor

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Piano, Piano Vai Lontano

   
   I cried in despair the first day I went into the grocery store after deciding to try low fat, low sodium, low glycemic, vegan eating.  I didn't know what to eat.   I just wasn't sure what low glycemic  meant, let alone what was okay and what wasn't.      However, I was determined and had already decided to give this a try for three weeks.  Otherwise I would have walked out of the store and given up right then.
   One of my father's favorite Italian sayings is "piano, piano, vai lontano" which basically means take it slowly and you'll go a long way.
 In other words, expect a learning curve when committing to something new in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment