"But food is not just a conversational common denominator like the weather is in Britain. The subject, sometimes passionately debated, represents a personal philosophy of life." --Kinta Beevor

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Love, Love, Love, Love

    
   A successful strategy for newbie's and seasoned veterans is to choose vegan foods that you know you already love. For me, cherries top the list. Every time I eat a cherry I think back to the giant cherry tree that stood in our neighbor's front yard. My brother and I would join our friends and, like chattering magpies, we'd descend on that tree full of luscious ripe cherries. We'd jump up to grab low-hanging limbs, or climb right up and settle into the higher branches  which were heavy with the biggest sweetest cherries. We  would while away the sunny afternoon laughing and chatting while munching  the never ending bounty of that huge tree.  So for me, cherries are a blast from the past as well as a treat for the kid still alive and well in me today. The bonus now is knowing that cherries are a very low glycemic index fruit  packed with nutrients.



Garrett said...
I love cherries too!! For hannukah I bought my boyfriend a cherry pitter because we are both such cherry-aholics. The best part is that cherries taste the best raw. Yummm
   

1 comment:

  1. I love cherries too!! For hannukah I bought my boyfriend a cherry pitter because we are both such cherry-aholics. The best part is that cherries taste the best raw. Yummm

    ReplyDelete