"But food is not just a conversational common denominator like the weather is in Britain. The subject, sometimes passionately debated, represents a personal philosophy of life." --Kinta Beevor

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Farmers Market: Well Worth the Trip

 
  I discovered that my local farmers market is a treasure trove of fresh seasonal  fare. Frankly, before I ate a vegan diet--back when fruit and vegetables were mere side dishes--I seldom made the extra trip to the farmers market. Instead I'd buy everything at the grocery store, and a lot of the time I'd settle for produce that I knew was not the freshest, ripest, or tastiest.
   I expect the farmers market fruit and vegetables to look "natural" like the tasty peppers pictured above.  Also,  I often find myself trying unexpected offerings like these amazing squash blossoms pictured below.

No comments:

Post a Comment