"But food is not just a conversational common denominator like the weather is in Britain. The subject, sometimes passionately debated, represents a personal philosophy of life." --Kinta Beevor

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Eating Out


   Eating out can be challenging. The hurdle isn't the vegan part; it's the low fat, low sodium, low glycemic index part that pretty much rules out all items on a sit-down restaurant chain menu. I've found that even "healthy" offerings are loaded with fat and salt. So I skip those places. Instead, I like to go to A1A Burrito Works in Flagler Beach. It's a colorful beachy walk-up that offers alfresco dining at picnic tables.  A1A Burrito Works consistently serves up fresh tasty ingredients; efficient and friendly service; and a laid back atmosphere.  I order a large vegan burrito with the works and #4 heat. I like to walk across A1A and chow down while watching the waves and the surfers. 
    In my quest to lighten up and put more "life" back into my life, I am more thoughtful in my choices.  I look forward to my trip to A1A Burrito Works because the experience elevates my whole day.  Here are some of the positive life lessons they roll into my burrito:  Be open.  Be authentic and people will be attracted to you.  Set people at ease; smile first.  Appreciate and embrace your own unique style and beauty.  Don't make work look like work.  Quality and value matter.  Spend time outside.  Add color; black and white and shades of gray are over-rated.


Top photo:  Sami and Adam at A1A Burrito Works
Bottom photo:  Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment