"But food is not just a conversational common denominator like the weather is in Britain. The subject, sometimes passionately debated, represents a personal philosophy of life." --Kinta Beevor

Friday, May 28, 2010

Breakfast

 
     I'm not a morning person by nature, and have always been a member of the skip-breakfast club.  In spite of this, I now eat breakfast every day--although I'm still no Sally Sunshine and don't tolerate singing, humming, or whistling first thing in the morning.
     Cold breakfast cereals are typically high on the glycemic index. The exception is original Fiber One bran cereal with 57% daily value of fiber.  I think it's crunchy and tasty.  I add almond milk and sometimes sprinkle on cinnamon, or berries.
    According to my sister, this topic is the most important thing in the universe. My sister candidly admits she has been constipated for years and has tried everything out there that is supposed to help. However, now that she is eating this cereal everyday, she is regular for the first time in her life. She adds that this cereal is great to bring on trips, and there's no gas. Best of all, my sister tells me that she feels like a new person.
     

1 comment: